Chelsea and Westminster
E: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
T: 0207 390 8045 (secretary)
Consultant Neonatologist and Paediatrician
MBBS. DCH, MRCPCH, FRCPCH
Dr D’Costa has been working as a Consultant Neonatologist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital since 2013.
After completing his paediatric post graduate training from Goa, India, Dr D’Costa came to the UK in 2004 and underwent further Paediatric training in the UK. He subsequently had sub speciality grid training in Neonatology working at St Georges Hospital, King’s College Hospital and Evelina Children’s Hospital, London. At the end of his training, he received his CCT in Paediatrics and was enrolled on GMC Specialist Register for Neonatal Medicine in 2012.
Dr D’Costa also had experience with neonatal transport working with Neonatal Transport Service at Royal London Hospital before joining as Neonatal Consultant at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in 2013.
Dr D’Costa is highly experienced in the management of sick newborns including those born extremely premature. He has a keen interest in neonatal ventilation and nutrition. Dr D’Costa also has a strong interest in teaching, training and simulation. He is the joint Simulation lead for NICU and Medical Director for Newborn Life Support Course.
Read more about Dr D’Costa and our private maternity unit on The Kensington Wing website.
Dr D’Costa has over 25 years of neonatal and paediatric experience.
Special interest and expertise:
- Antenatal Counselling for normal and high-risk pregnancies
- Care of newborn infant- postnatal and 6-8 week baby checks.
- Growth and Neurodevelopmental assessment
- Vaccination (the UK and International schedule)
- Common newborn and childhood illnesses and conditions. Examples include acute illnesses, fever, coughs and colds, wheezing, feeding difficulties, poor weight gain, reflux and colic, constipation, abdominal pain, skin rashes and eczema.
- EPR Transformation Lead for NICU at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Point of Care Lead for NICU
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- British Association of Perinatal Medicine (BAPM)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Faculty of Clinical Informatics (FCI)
We provide to our private patients the very best Consultant-led care, delivering world-class clinical expertise in an outstanding care environment.